Before we start with an extensive description of the detector's functions, let's take a look at its construction. It is completely new and is not based on any hobby detector that the company has launched in previous years. What makes it unique is, of course, the ability to submerge the detector up to three meters and the waterproofness of the device is partly subordinated to the design. The materials used are top-notch, which will also correspond to the price of the detector. It should rise above the current number one in the VLF detector range, the Minelab E-Trac.
Description of the basic features of the CTX 3030 metal detector
Minelab has divided the description of the CTX 3030 into six main areas and I think we can stick to this division.
You should be able to move around with the detector just as easily on land as in water. This is not a classic diver's detector, but a device for all searchers who would also like to be able to walk around the coastline, whether it be the sea or a pond behind a village. The detector is waterproof up to 3 meters, which is definitely enough for popular wading.
Minelab has built its own wireless unit and has gone in the direction used by all professional audio transmission companies. You have the ability to connect basically any of your favorite headphones to the unit. This not only allows you to maintain freedom of movement, but you are not limited to one or two types with built-in electronics.
The detector uses Minelab's unique discrimination formula, which is based on the ability to discriminate by both surface conductivity and relative iron content. In addition, the instrument has adjustable tone profiles. Unique should be the Target Trace feature allowing multiple targets to be tracked simultaneously. Personally, I'm really curious to see how the instrument performs in a lot of cluttered locations.
We have been speculating for quite some time which manufacturer will add GPS to the device. The detectors then include a program for storing data and working with maps. The new GPS FindPoints and GeoHunts features allow you to keep your portable devices at home.
Mapping on your PC
You can conveniently upload detector settings or find locations using the XChange2 app. Attach photos and text and create different groups and categories.
Colors aren't just for beauty with the CTX 3030. They significantly refine the object information and greatly enhance the discriminating properties of the detector.
Discover history with the Minelab CTX 3030
The detector allows easy acceptance or rejection of targets, which should make your work in the field much easier. Discrimination patterns are then automatically stored in the current search mode. During the search, the display shows all target information so you shouldn't miss anything.
As written above, the display is in colour. The LCD displays the numerical value of conductivity and iron, an indicator of the depth of deposition, sensitivity, etc. With the new multi-target tracking features, the detector allows you to find even the smallest targets in the most waste-ridden areas.
All your findings can then be instantly recorded using GPS. Here you use the GeoTrail feature to track areas you've already been to and FindPoints to pinpoint the locations of your finds. You can conveniently view all your data at home on Google Maps on your PC. I think you'll do well to keep track of your locations, and at the same time, plan your next search expeditions better.
- Working modes: Coin, Relic, Jewellery & Beach
- Technologies used: FBS 2, Smartfind 2, GPSi, Wi-Stream
- Operating frequency: multifrequency 1.5-100 kHz
- Standard probe 11" 2D, waterproof
- Built-in speaker, headphone output
- Koss UR 30 headphones included (not waterproof, 100 ohms)
- Color LCD display with backlight and adjustable brightness (1-10)
- PC XChange 2 connection (via USB) compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Automatic memory storage
- Depth indication with accurate scale
- Possibility to set 10 custom modes and use 5 presets.
- Smartfind 2TM discrimination. Fully user configurable
- Customizable Tone ID profiles - 1, 2 (Fe), 2 (CO), 4 or combined
- 4 audio modes: normal, long, smooth and Pitch
- Ground Balance: automatic compensation and automatic GB
- Adjustable amount of waste in the location
- Adjustable sensitivity 1-30 and or auto
- Adjustable threshold level 1-50, audio threshold 1-30
- Limit and Gain level adjustable 1-30
- Lithium Ion 7.4V 4.4Ah battery pack with fast charger
- Length 940mm to 1405mm
- Weight 2.36kg including batteries
- Warranty 3 years on electronics box and coil, 2 years on mechanical parts of the detector
Contents of delivery
Standard version includes WM10 wireless module, Koos UR 30 headphones, car charger and spare alkaline battery box.
Pdf of the CTX 3030 metal detector catalogue freely downloadable in CZ
Click on the image to download.
Treasure Hunter is a distributor and the only authorized service center of Minelab in the Czech and Slovak Republics.
We provide all warranty and post-warranty service for all Minelab detectors regardless of where the metal detector was purchased. In order to claim the warranty you only need to provide a valid tax document.